Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Something New

If you're reading this, there is a good chance that you already know who I am, but if not, an introduction seems to be in order. No pressure.

I've been asked several times to start a blog, but I thought back to my "livejournal" days and cringed inwardly at how big of a mistake that was, but admittedly felt a bit better when I remembered that half of the people that make up my generation had made that same mistake of over-sharing and posting selfies, before the term was coined (WHY?!). That and I'm not an angsty 16 year old who wears obscure band t-shirts anymore.

Now on to that introduction thing:

Putting who you are into words is a bit daunting and causes oneself to look from a different perspective. When I think of who I am and what makes me who I am, I think of what I love. My actions and decisions are directly related to what I love, which in itself can be a disastrous thing, but at least I know my heart is forever in the right place.


"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." 
-Roald Dahl


My name is Megan. I'm taller than average, laugh heartier than average and have just now grown to dislike the word "average". I love my friends, Harry Potter and anything related to crafting. I make videos every week that I post on Youtube. I turned my love of video editing from a hobby into my career. I believe that if you do what makes you happy, you'll be the richest person you know and that there is no such thing as too many seasons of Supernatural.

I've never had much luck with introductions.

If you're wondering what I'll be posting about on this blog, then I'm right there with you. I don't have a clue. What I do know, is that it'll more than likely be about things that I've done and have documented (fun fact: I'm also a photographer!) or crafts that I've made and would like to share with you. What I can say, is that I'm excited to start this blog. It's something new and something creative that I'm glad I was encouraged to start doing.


Thanks for reading--more to come soon :)

Megan.

2 comments:

  1. i love the message this sends! so bright and positive and its a really great introduction, even if you think it isn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the way this blog is set up. Its super cute! :) Are you going to be posting any more pictures from the harry potter party you had? I would love to see all of it!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye